(June 20, 2017) Over the past few months, coaches across Alberta have been pursuing their C-License certification. The C-License is for coaches who wish to coach at a higher level through the Licensing Stream, and anyone older than 16 who is serious about coaching can apply.
The course includes both a theory and practical component, in addition to the evaluation process which occurs once a coach completes the training requirements.
Here’s what we’ve been up to so far this year:
- Lethbridge Soccer and Medicine Hat Soccer Associations hosted a Regional C License between April 8 and May 28, with all 15 coaches earning the “C License Trained” status
- Red Deer City Soccer Association hosted a Regional C License between April 22 and June 4, with all 18 participants earning the “C License Trained” status
- Calgary Minor Soccer Association hosted the South C License course between June 8-11th, with all 34 coaches on the course receiving the “C License Trained” status
- On May 13th, five coaches completed their C License Evaluations and another six started theirs on June 17th
Additional courses and evaluations in 2017…
- Five coaches started their B License evaluations on June 17th. All coaches will have completed and received their results by July 4.
- The North C License, which will be hosted by the St. Albert Soccer Association in St. Albert, will run from July 13-16. This course is full and anyone wanting to be put on a waiting list needs to email Jim Loughlin at email@example.com
- B License Part 1 will be hosted by the Sherwood Park District Soccer Association from July 26-30. We are fortunate to have Sylvie Beliveau, the LTPD Manager with Canada Soccer, taking the lead with the course in 2017 to assist with the delivery of this entirely new curriculum. Sylvie’s presence will enhance the quality of the course significantly and all participants will be the first ones exposed to this new content. This course has 4 spots remaining.
- C and B License evaluations will be held September 11th and October 2nd in Spruce Grove at the Fuhr Sports Park. There will also be C and B License evaluations held September 12th and October 3rd in Calgary at the Calgary Soccer Centre South. Registrations will be open starting June 23.
For more information on the Licensing Stream Coach Pathway, click here