These are some of the benefits of Gender Equality when it comes to sports:
Coaches and Officials
• Improves recruitment and retention of sports participants, coaches, and volunteers and leads to a higher level of satisfaction.
• Increases willingness to recruit more women and creates a broader base of participants from which to draw candidates to fulfil organizational activities or functions.
• Leads to new and innovative approaches to coaching, training, management, and refereeing
• Retains coaches by reducing the additional emotional toll that the role places on women.
• Generates a positive environment for the participation of women.
• Decreases the high drop-out rate of girls and women, via gender-friendly guidance and coaching, avoiding sexist gender stereotypes and creating a positive and social atmosphere.
• Increases sensitivity to a wider range of potential participants, some of whom may have been excluded in the past.