(updated Nov 1, 2022)
From Canada Soccer:
The Children’s Diploma prepares the student coach to meet the demands of coaching children 5-12 years of age in a development environment.
Those coaches working actively within Children’s soccer, including full or part-time staff coaches.
- Valid Canadian C Licence or approved International Equivalent
- Completed Active Start, FUNdamentals, and Learn to Train courses
- Valid Criminal Record Check
West Group (BC or Alberta): September 14, 2023
- 2 x 3.5 days, in-person (classroom & field)
- Independent Online Learning (asynchronous)
- Collaborative Online Learning (synchronous)
- Collaborative Group Learning (mentor supported)
- Coaches must attend both of the in-person sessions for their group: September 14- 17, 2023 & May 9-12, 2024
Upon successful completion of the Children’s Diploma, the coach will be able to demonstrate the competencies association with coaching and managing children in a developmental environment, including designing, delivering and reflecting on all aspects of on and off-field activities.
Access to online learning management system; Canada Soccer branded Nike kit (not including boots and trainers); a 12-month subscription to Practice Session Planning software; in -person classroom and field rentals; tools used to deliver the in-person, online asynchronous, and online synchronous sessions; and coach developer support throughout the course.
Coaches will be required to cover the costs of travel, accommodations, and meals when attending the in-person sessions. Any costs associated with video recording of practical coaching sessions will be at the coach’s expense.
Complete the Canada Soccer Coach Education Application
For more information on the Canada Soccer Children’s Diploma, click here