There are currently no referee courses available for the remainder of 2020. We expect courses for 2021 to be offered starting in February, subject to provincial health restrictions. Please check back early in 2021 for updates.
- To sign up for Mini or Entry Level courses for new referees – search by date here
- Eligibility requirements for Mini and Entry Level courses, and the qualifications they provide, can be viewed at Referee Courses
- Instructions on how to sign up for Mini and Entry Level courses can be viewed at New Referee Course Registration
- Indoor Refresher and Conversion courses are available through your Refcentre account under the ‘Registration’ menu.
To referee in the 2020-21 Indoor Season as a new referee, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Register for an Entry Level course using the links below.
- Complete 5 online modules that will be released to you once the course host has approved you for the course.
- Complete an online COVID related waiver prior to participating in the course. This will be released to you once the course host has approved you for the course.
- Attend a class/field session – total 7 hours. Details of this can be found in the Course Description when you sign up on Refcentre.
- Complete the online Canada Soccer Entry Level Referee Exam. This will be released to you just prior to the course and must be taken within 48 hours of the end of the course.
- Review a 60 minute video of the COVID requirements and guidelines for referees. This will be released to you after you have taken the Entry Level exam.
- If you wish to referee ‘non-boarded’ soccer, you will be ready to referee at this point.
- If you wish to referee ‘boarded’ soccer, you will also need to take an Indoor Conversion Course. This is currently being finalized and you will receive details after you graduate from the Entry Level course.