(updated Nov 1, 2022)
From Canada Soccer:
The A Diploma continues to develop and refine the student coach’s capacity to meet the demands of coaching senior players in a performance environment.
- 2 x 4.5 days
- in-person (Classroom & Field)
- Independent Online Learning (asynchronous)
- Collaborative Online Learning (synchronous)
- Collaborative Group Learning (mentor supported)
- Coaches must attend the in-person sessions: June 28-July 2, 2023 (Ontario) & January 17 – 21, 2024 (BC)
Upon successful completion of the A Diploma, the coach will be able to demonstrate the competencies associated with coaching and managing senior players in the performance environment, including designing, delivering and reflecting on all aspects of on and off field activities.
Those coaches working actively with players aged 18+ in a University, College or Professional Club environment.
Successful candidates are required to have the following certifications:
- Valid Canadian B Diploma or approved International Equivalent
- Currently coach a senior team
- Valid Criminal Record Check
Complete the Canada Soccer Coach Education Application
For more information on the A Diploma click here