(UPDATED – November 13, 2020) Alberta Soccer members in the following cities must temporarily suspend soccer games, training, and practices from November 13 to November 27, 2020:
- Calgary Zones
- Edmonton Zones
- City of Red Deer
- City of Lethbridge
- City of Fort McMurray
- City of Grande Prairie
For members who provide soccer activities outside of the AHS identified regions, they may continue to offer programming under the Return to Modified Games guidelines.
QUICK POINTS OF CLARIFICATION
- The temporary suspension of soccer activities, in the AHS identified regions, is related to team practices, games, competitions, and/or training.
- Any activity involving physical exertion and skill in which two or more persons come together indoors to practice or compete with each other in a structured way is temporarily suspended (see Part 1.2.(e) of CMOH Order 37-2020)
- If an individual lives in a region with Enhanced Restrictions but is registered in a team sport that operates in a region that is NOT under enhanced restrictions, that individual is NOT able to continue in their team sport during the temporary suspension.
- Individuals are not allowed to travel outside of their community that is under targeted measures to participate on a team that is not on the watch list.
- Teams are not allowed to travel outside of their community that is under targeted measures to train, practice, play and/or compete in an area not on the watch list.
- At this time, team(s) / mini-league(s) / cohorts are not permitted to move their programming outside in order to circumvent the mandatory suspension.
- Teams are not permitted to continue programming under the Phase 1 – Return to Train guidance, there is no team nor small group training during the temporary suspension.
- As per CMOH Order 37-2020, soccer programming may resume on November 28th (subject to any additional changes by AHS)
- 18. Parts 1, 2 and 4 of this Order remain in effect until 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time on November 27, 2020.
*Numbers 2, 3, & 4 are directions as received from our sport consultant after their meeting with AHS this afternoon.
If you have any questions, please contact Tammy McNutt